2014 was a busy year, at least for me. I graduated with my Bachelors of Science degree and started law school in August. If you remember, I asked for some advice from previous law students on how to manage law school and traveling. Thank you all for the advice, it truly did help. I’ve survived my first semester of law school and plan to kick even more a$^ in 2015.
This year I focused on domestic trips, as opposed to last year where I visited 15 countries. As I said before, it was a busy traveling year, but overall I had very few inconveniences.
American Airlines definitely treated me better than Delta had and I had about 60% less delays on American than I did on Delta.
Top 5 international trips in 2014:
Top 5 domestic trips in 2014:
- Anchorage, AK
- Los Angeles, CA (just ‘cuz I love LA)
- Portland, OR
- Las Vegas, NV (I’ve been multiple times, I should really get a trip report drafted)
- New Orleans, LA (trip report coming soon)
2015 Elite Status:
- Executive Platinum on American Airlines;
- Diamond status on the Hilton HHonors program; and
- Hertz Five Star Gold.
My Gold status on Delta will be expiring this year and quite honestly, I won’t miss it. Nor will they miss me, of course.
Citi AAdvantage Credit Card spend: $47,230.34 (no interest, that would be counterproductive, and no additional fees. Citi waived my annual fee woohoo!) This is the only credit card I use, and it is my favorite card too!
Taxes: I paid $1,568.65 in airfare taxes this year. Crazy isn’t it?! Though I’m sure most of you paid a lot more than I did.
Additionally, the blog was renamed from Fly2Travel to The Winglet and our readership continues to climb up, even though I’ve been a bit absent the last few months, our loyal readers have kept coming back and checking out our stories.
Here’s what I have planned for 2015 so far:
- Another trip to Australia, this time to Perth, Alice Springs, and back to Sydney for a bit.
- A trip to Doha, Qatar
- Another trip to Los Angeles in paid first class next month
- Planing stages to visit either Bali or South Africa
- A goal to visit 16 countries in 2015, while earning an above average law school GPA.
With that, thank you for being part of my journey in 2014. I appreciate each and every one of you, yes, even the dbag commentators that we occasionally receive.