Spirit Airlines plans to add 10 new destinations out of George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston, Texas.
The expansion would give Spirit 22 nonstop flights from Houston. Presently, Spirit has 12 nonstop flights out of IAH. The airline plans to make Houston a hub for Latin American flights in addition to its main hub in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The new Spirit routes out of IAH:
- Baltimore-Washington (BWI): Service begins March 27, 2015;
- Cancun, Mexico: Service begins May 7, 2015;
- Los Cabos, Mexico: Service begins May 7, 2015;
- Managua, Nicaragua: Service May 28, 2015;
- Oakland, CA: Service begins April 16, 2015;
- San Jose, Costa Rica: Service begins May 28, 2015;
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras: Service begins May 28, 2015;
- San Salvador, El Salvador: Service begins May 28, 2015;
- Mexico City, Mexico (Toluca) : Service begins May 7, 2015; and
- Tampa, FL: Service begins March 26, 2015.
The Oakland, Los Cabos and Mexico City (Toluca) flights will only be seasonal service during the summer. Additionally, all new international routes are still pending regulatory approval.
Keep an eye out for low introductory fares out of Houston, TX on Spirit Airlines!
Source: USA Today, Ben Mutzabaugh