WEEKLY REVIEW: Possible End to Visa Waiver Program, Trump Travel Ban, AirAsia Cleared to Fly, and More
It’s that time of the week where we go back at some of the stories that took place over the last week. It’s been a pretty interesting week with lots of stories impacting the travel world, but here are just a few:
- Of course the biggest story is President Trump’s travel ban executive order and the response caused at airports. This led to a response from Iran as well.
- This might not be the only change for international travelers, as there’s a draft executive order that could end the visa waiver program.
- Troubling new report from NTSB on the Amtrak crash investigation found that an engineer and two track workers had drugs in their system.
- AirAsia has been cleared to fly to the U.S., leading to the possibility of even more competition for U.S. air carriers.
- American Airlines is not including seat back inflight entertainment on their Boeing 737 MAX and their profit dropped 91% last quarter
- There’s a great way to rack up IHG qualifying points!
That’s another week wrapped up! Thanks to all of our readers and we look forward to the week ahead!