In case it hasn’t clicked, the reason why Fly2Travel went PINK on October 1, 2014 was to reflect Breast Cancer Awareness month. BoardingArea, Prior2Boarding and others soon followed to also promote this great cause. As Randy himself has said, breast cancer affects everyone, not just women. It is important to be well-informed about the disease and donate whenever possible to find a cure.
So what can you do to HELP the cause?
- Every time someone posts a picture on social media (Twitter and Instagram) during the month of October and includes the hashtag “#FlyForPink“, BoardingArea/Prior2Boarding will donate $0.50 to nonprofits who focus on fighting breast cancer. Up to $10,000 total. Click here to see a list of the beneficiaries.
- Donate miles to non-profits that deal with breast cancer.
- Donate a monetary sum, even if only a couple dollars, to a non-profit that will use it to fight this horrible disease.
- Volunteer your time at a hospital, nonprofit, or other community outreach program that is involved in fighting breast cancer.
- Take time to read up on breast cancer. Know about the disease. Know who it affects. Know how it can be diagnosed early. Know the implications. Be aware.
What has Fly2Travel done:
- We have donated a monetary amount on behalf of Fly2Travel to Breast Cancer Awareness nonprofit organization;
- We have donated a sum of miles to nonprofit organizations.
- We have shared, and encourage you to share, your boarding pass on social media with the hashtag #FlyForPink.
- We have researched breast cancer awareness and are aware of the disease.
- We will be sharing breast cancer awareness facts throughout the month of October on Twitter and Facebook.
Please remember that breast cancer awareness should be promoted on a daily basis all year long, not just during the month of October.
Click here to visit the #FlyForPink website.
— Fly2Travel Blog (@Fly2TravelBlog) October 9, 2014
— Adam Rodriguez (@AAdam_flyer) October 9, 2014