Virgin America was promoting its elite status match program today via Twitter. Virgin America is offering elite members on American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Airlines and Southwest Airlines either Elevate Silver or Elevate Gold. If you plan to fly VA often then you should get an elite status match w/ Virgin America, this is a quick and easy way to achieve VA elevate status.
The status match is a trial, like most airlines offer, you will have 90 days to complete the requirements. However, you will immediately receive status once your credentials are verified. In other words, you will have status during your 90-day trial.
To qualify for Elevate Silver you must be the following elite tier on another airline:
- American Airlines: Gold
- Delta Airlines: Silver Medallion or Gold Medallion
- United Airlines: Premier Silver or Premier Gold
- Southwest Airlines: A-List or A-List Preferred
To qualify for Elevate Gold you must be the following elite tier on another airline:
- American Airlines: Platinum or Executive Platinum
- Delta Airlines: Platinum Medallion or Diamond Medallion
- United Airlines: Premier Platinum, Premier 1K or Global Services
- Southwest Airlines: Companion Pass
To keep your new Elevate status you must earn either 5,000 status points for Silver (3,000 for cardmembers) or 12,000 status points for Gold (8,000 for cardmembers) within 90 days.
— Virgin America (@VirginAmerica) July 14, 2014