Here are some of the Top Stories of 2014:
1) The year started off with the unfortunate disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. Several months after, Russian separatists accidentally blew up a Malaysia Airlines flight, this time MH17. Both flights were operated by a Boeing B777.
2) US Airways had a major blooper via social media this year when a representative accidentally tweeted a sexually explicit photo to a complaining customer. The incident was investigated and US Airways concluded that it was done by mistake.
3) American Airlines announced their 2015 elite status program with very little negative changes. The program only negatively affects passengers who qualify on segments and US Airways elites who are used to complimentary upgrades.
4) A passenger from Nigeria vomited and later died on a plane bound for JFK. How bizarre is that?
5) A runaway teenager survived being stowed in a wheel well during a 5 1/2 hour flight.
6) A female passenger woke up to a creepy passenger feeling up on her. What a creep!
7) A child pooped in their seat aboard a Delta Flight from Beijing to Detroit and the parents agreed with his chosen method.
8) How can we forget Ebola? We learned what Ebola was and the risks when flying, and we also saw the government overreact numerous times to the risk of Ebola.
With that, Happy New Year and here’s to an even better 2015!