United Airlines Adding 22 Routes in 2019; Shifts Hub Flights
On Monday, United Airlines announced that they are expanding their domestic flights to include 22 new routes in 2019.
United’s Vice President of Domestic Network Planning said in a statement, “With more than 40 new domestic routes added this year, we remain committed to expanding our network to offer customers even more choices in their travel destinations.”
The following destinations will be shifting from Newark to Washington-Dulles:
- Elmira, New York
- Lexington, Kentucky
- Manchester, New Hampshire
Here are a list of new flights United will be adding to its service:
- Washington-Dulles to Asheville, North Carolina
- San Francisco, California to Columbus, Ohio (beginning June 6, 2019)
- Los Angelas, California to Eugene, Oregon; Madison, Wisconsin; and Pasco/Tri-Cities, Washington (beginning March 31, 2019)
- Weekend only service from Chicago O’Hare to Hilton Head, South Carolina (beginning April 6, 2019)
- Newark to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; Pensacola, Florida; and Anchorage, Alaska
United will also be expanding its service from to business destinations, including Detroit, St. Louis, Omaha, Richmond, and Kansas City, Missouri.
The flight from Newark to Anchorage will be the first flight in the region to fly to Alaska. Additionally, United’s weekend service from Chicago to Hilton Head, South Carolina will be the only direct flight to Hilton Head from Chicago. The announcement comes as United is introducing changes to its hub operations.