“The US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard will become an American Airlines AAdvantage MasterCard issued by Barclaycard in the second quarter of 2015 when the two frequent flyer programs will be combined,” reads an email sent out by Barclay’s today to all US Airways cardholders.
Most of us already knew it was coming, we just didn’t know more or less when (other than sometime in 2015).
Therefore, if you’re interested in earning more AAdvantage miles, I suggest you apply for the US Airways credit card which currently has a 50,000 bonus miles offer to new applicants who are approved and meet other requirements. Barclay’s will stop offering this card (to new applicants) once the card changes over to AAdvantage.
Continue to enjoy these great benefits
• NEW! Earn 2X miles on US Airways and American Airlines purchases
• NEW! 25% off in-flight food, beverage and headset purchases¹
• Enjoy your first checked bag free on domestic US Airways operated flights
• Earn and redeem miles on US Airways and American Airlines flights
• Priority Boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
New benefits coming in the second quarter 2015
• $100 flight discount after your account anniversary each year in which you spend $30,000 or more in purchases and you maintain your cardmembership
• Priority Boarding Group 1 on American Airlines operated flights
• Earn 10% of your redeemed miles back, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
• Additional redemption flexibility with the option to redeem for one-way travel and First Class upgrades, as well as other awards including vacation packages, car rentals, and hotel stays