Weekly Review: A Look At Grounded Planes During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Happy Sunday, everybody! And in particular, a happy Mother’s Day to all those mothers out there. We know it’s probably a little different this year with everything going on. But thanks for all you moms out there do!
The week in review (and the first one is incredible!):
- If you’ve wondered what it looks like to see where grounded jets in the U.S. are located, you won’t want to miss these incredible aerial shots.
View this post on Instagram
I’m proud to debut my latest project: They Will Fly Again. Commercial aviation is facing the darkest time in its history. News reels have been filled with video of planes parked at airports across the world, but nobody was taking an artistic look at these jets, so I did. Six helicopter flights, six airports, 4200 miles driven across six states, and 7500 images. The full story is available via the link in my bio. The subject matter is beautiful and tragic. It’s a nightmare but also represents the hope for the beginning of recovery. To all of my friends and followers in the aviation industry: stay strong. These jets will fly again.
- If you’ve been following the airline industry’s actions after bailouts, you might want to read about how industry lobbyists changed the language to create a loophole so they could reduce employee pay.
- A Chinese airline became the world’s largest airline, surpassing Southwest, who took the title a few weeks ago.
- Some people are claiming that mandatory face masks on planes is a violation of their civil rights. Is there any merit to that argument?
- Suffering from cabin fever? Take a virtual tour to of a pharaoh’s tomb and more!
- Both Citi and Barclays made announcements for their AAdvantage products about changes to card benefits due to the impacts of coronavirus.
Thanks again for another great week! We hope you enjoyed this week’s content, and we look forward to seeing you next week!