Weekly Review: Feds Consider Buying Bulk Fares, United Social Distancing, Immigration Suspension, and More
Here’s our weekly review on stories from the week from the Boarding Area network, including some of our own. We hope you enjoy this weekly recap!
- Having quarantine wanderlust? Check out a wine tasting adventure in the Casablanca Valley of Chile!
- President Donald Trump told reporters during a bill signing he is considering buying bulk fares from airlines for the Federal Government.
- Delta CEO Ed Bastian painted a demoralizing picture for the airline industry, suggesting a recovery could take two to three years.
- Richard Branson came under fire for asking for a bailout for Virgin Australia and for not putting up his own money. Matt at Live and Let’s Fly makes the case for defending Branson.
- Hawaii is exploring the possibility of using ankle monitors on tourists in order to enforce their quarantine order.
- United Airlines implemented social distancing policies on board…sort of…
- President Donald Trump suspended some forms of immigration to the United States for 60 days.
- As you’re seeing great deals to purchase miles and points, is it worth it?
That’s our weekly review! Thanks for an amazing week, and we look forward to another exciting week ahead! We’ll see you again during our weekly review next Sunday.