On Sunday morning I wrote about Citi redesigning the AAdvantage credit cards. That same day I called up Citibank and told them that I wanted the new redesigned credit card. It’s the only credit card that I ever use.
The representative I spoke to was very helpful and more than willing to do this for me. The representative, who was located in Jacksonville, Florida, sent me the replacement card overnight. I received it last night (Tuesday).
Here are some of the changes: (image below)
- The new card is not embossed. As in the letters and numbers are not raised. It’s all one flat surface. (TD Bank and Capital one have a few cards this way)
- The MasterCard logo is in the back of the card.
- I assume that the Visa and American Express logo will also appear in the back in due time.
- The AAdvantage number is in the back of the card.
- The credit card number is in the back of the card.
- Expiration date, signature panel and security code are in the back of the card.
- Your full name appears in the front and in the back of the card.
I like the new design better than the old vintage look. However, I like my cards old-fashioned, as in, the name and credit card number in the front embossed.
Have you received the card with the new design?
*UPDATE: I don’t have the Citi AAdvantage Executive credit card because I always buy Admirals Club for way cheaper than $450, however, you can see how the new card looks on Travel with Grant’s blog. The new Citi AA Executive card does not have the Admirals Club logo on the back.